Saturday, June 16, 2012

Classes and Dresses and Talent, oh my!

I finally remembered to take pictures of my awesome sewing class!  I am SO proud of these kids!  They are so talented.  Everyone finished their projects (well, almost - one is close to done and she'll finish on Monday) and these kids are SO creative!  The beginners improved so much in just 4 days.  You could actually see a difference in their work as the days went on.  I am super excited that most of them will be in my other sessions!
This is what the studio looks like.  It is PACKED.  But everyone has a good time. 


Look what some of the kids made!  
This was her second project, and her FIRST time sewing ever!  She made this super cute apron!! 

Not only did Brookelyn make this awesome pillow, she also made the pajama pants she's wearing!  It was her first time sewing, too! 

This is one of my more advanced students.  She is AWESOME!!  She made this super cute polka dot pencil skirt.  I want her to hurry up and turn 16 so I can hire her to sew with me!  

I'll keep you posted on what we make next week. I'm pretty excited, I have some fun things planned!! 

Aside from classes, I worked on the pioneer dresses for Art Needlework Shop in Nauvoo.  I made 3 sample dresses.  They're more than dresses, they're ensembles. Each dress comes with a bonnet and bloomers.  2 styles have aprons.  All of them are high quality and super cute!  When we were in Nauvoo, I didn't see anything as well made or cute as these ensembles are.  I'm not just boasting about it - it's true.  That's one of the reasons I was so happy to make these cute little outfits.  Because in all of Nauvoo, there's nothing this cute! Until now.  So, if you're going to Nauvoo, stop into Art Needlework Shop and say hi!  
Shandi finished this cute little dress by sewing the little rosettes down the front.  This dress is seriously SO cute!  

This is  actually pink and purple.  The apron is off white with green and blue muted colored flowers on it.  The colors in the picture are SO off.   But it's still super cute! 

This is the dress Shandi was "wearing" above.  SO DARLING!  

And here's the last design.  All of them have ruffles and lace and extra cuteness.  I'll let you know if I get more orders for these adorable dresses!  

Until then, I need to get back on track with Princess Amerah outfits and Charlie Brown.  Keep and eye out for some excessive awesomeness this coming week!  I also need to make myself a new backpack... I might just show you that as well.  Unless it comes out ugly.  Then forget I even said anything.  
Happy Sewing! 



No comments:

Post a Comment