Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday, the day of rest...

 Today I was thrilled to wake up and see that my fantastic husband cut out the shapes I sketched for the Wardrobe and Cogsworth!  This is what was in the living room when I got up...


Fancy, right!  This is the shape of the wardrobe, with cogsworth behind it so you can't see it here... but it's there!  Yay!! 


 Next, the kids and I went to church.  After church we rushed home to grab a quick bite to eat and then took off to this place...

Where we made an emergency visit to fix this...


Yikes!  Ferocious tear in the butt!  

For this show:


Once that mending job was done, the littles and I headed back home to make dinner and take care of misc. household chores... things that go neglected during the week like actually folding the laundry, and washing the dishes.  Honestly, I wash the dishes almost every day...  laundry?  not so much... After all of this, Austin got home from work just in time for me to rush off to this place:


Ragtime was closing and I needed to strike the costumes.  (which is theatre talk for taking them all from the theatre).  The cast was great and I had tons of help loading the car.  Before I knew it the car looked like this: 



Haa haa can you see my reflection in the car?  Yah, pretty much it's making me look super fat.  So ignore that part.  

Once home, our living room soon looked like this:

This is almost half way sorted through.  The costumes are in the blue bags, and I go through them and sort the laundry.  This, by far, is the most disgusting part of my job.  At the end of a run, most of the costumes are still wet from sweat when I get them home.  Some haven't been washed at all (I don't do maintenance, and some theatres don't have a wardrobe person).  This equals super smelly laundry, and super smelly living room.  Yuck.  It was around 6:30pm that our living room looked like this.  Now it's 9:30, and one load is almost done in the dryer and load 2 is in the washing machine.  It's gonna be a long night!  





No comments:

Post a Comment