Monday, April 30, 2012

Blubluschmuh!

Nothing like working through the weekend!  I honestly cannot remember when I had a day off.  I do it to myself so I guess I can't really complain.  I know you're all missing what's been going on around here so here's the skinny on the past few days...


First, there was a photo shoot for Hairspray we needed to get costumes together for.  That meant making Edna a special bra... Here's Robin working on it...

I bought the biggest bra I could find, one that is made in the torpedo fashion.  We then took Muslin and covered the skin side of the bra, making the cups empty.  We then filled the empty cups with lots and lots and lots (pretty much all we could stuff in them) of pillow stuffing.  It worked great!  Here's some pictures from the photo shoot...





Pretty Awesome, right!  Seriously, buy tickets NOW to see Hairspray at the MAC.  Not even kidding!  See the guy in the red shirt?  That's Joe.  He did these fantastic wigs.  See the guy in the purple shirt?  That's Kyle.  He is the amazing director.  :)  Awesome!

After getting these costumes together for the shoot,  I got Rachel ready for her dance recital.  Random and non-costume shop info here... anyhow, I was doing her hair (and she seriously has a TON of it) and when I looked down at her this is what I saw...
Um yup.  That's my kid.  And, because you're all wondering, she did FANTASTIC in her recital!!  

Now, after this eventful weekend (there was much more going on - dinner at the daughters house, church, hanging with the kids, mending at Desert Stages,  cleaning random parts of the house, etc...) it was time to get really busy on Beauty and the Beast!  So, first I cut out 2 of Belle's dresses.  Here's the fabric all cut out...

Today, with the help of my faithful crew of fellow crazy people we were able to finish the blue bodice, put together Belle's skirts and work on the Wardrobe.  Here's a peek at how we're doing...
Belle's Blue bodice.

Parts of Belle's pink library dress. Shandi pretty much hates parts of this dress because, well there was some tricky parts. And somewhere working on them came the new word Blubluschmuh.  There was lots of laughter going on at the wardrobe today. It was a good day for the sillies.  

The Wardrobe in the works. 

That's it for now folks.  I'll be back soon for more updates!  Until then, keep sewing - or glueing... or duck tape using... whichever. 







No comments:

Post a Comment