Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Today I can't stop yawning...

It's Wednesday.  I'm SO tired I ended up drinking almost a whole 2ltr of Mtn. Dew today.  I mixed it with a couple full sized Hershey chocolate bars and I felt much better.  Still tired, but chocolate cures everything.  Even being exhausted, we accomplished quite a bit today!  Of course, there was the prom alterations, but more fun than that I almost finished Lumiere's coat!  Check THIS out!

So here's Lumiere.  Front and back, with his pants pinned under the front of the coat.  The stripped stuff are his pants, it just doesn't look like pants.  But they are.  Seriously. :) I think if Lumiere wants to do something other than work for the Beast, he could go bull fighting.   Seriously, you have NO idea how long it took to sew all that gold crap down.  I'm glad it's done. 

While I finished this up (ok, it's not done.  I ran out of trim and need 8" more of trim to finish. Stinks, right?!?) Shandi was hard at work starting Cogsworth. 
She glued the fabric to the front and back of his body. 
And then added fabric to the front and back of the little window that will open and shut on the front of the clock body. She also worked on knickers and put lots of costumes away today, but I'm a slacker and didn't take those pictures.  After all, pictures of Shandi putting costumes away might just be way too exciting for this blog. 

After all of this, I took a minute to make a dress for Princess Amerah.  Well, not specifically for her but she hires me to make children's dresses that look like hers.  Princess Amerah wears a purple dress, but this little girl wanted a pink one.  Here's what it looked like when I was putting it together.
And here's what it looks like done.
Rachel was nice enough to hold it up so I could take a picture.  Notice how she's barely touching it?  She's anti princess and anti pink frouffie anything.  I think she didn't want to get any princess on her.  Hee hee.  

That's it for today!  Tomorrow I'm going to do a little shopping for some more supplies but I'll catch you up with all the latest on Friday.  Ciao!






No comments:

Post a Comment