Monday, July 9, 2012

Just Another Average Day...

Today pretty much flew by.  There wasn't ever time to sit or think or do much of anything except what needed to be done.  That's a good thing, because I really like to be busy.  And it was a good day, nothing really horrible happened, so that's good.

This morning started with session 3 of sewing classes.  I have a full class - 8 kids.  In this group I have 1 girl from last year, and 7 new kids.  I am proud to say all 8 of them finished their first projects today and most of them have things picked out (or almost done) with their second.  It's hard to tell if some of the kids are having a good time, the ones I already know tell me they're having fun but this time I have a couple of quiet ones.  Never fear, I'll have them chit chatting before the week is through!  :)

Right after classes I needed to get some things finished for Princess Amerah.  There was exactly 2 hours between sewing class and the littles going to their 2 hour camp... I have 2 pairs of riding pants for her that need a couple finishing touches (read: zippers and hems) and today I made her "day" summer dress.  I'll post pictures soon, it's SUPER cute!  And I hope she likes it.  I had to stop working on them to lather up the kids with sun screen and send them off to their camp.  Then I took a deep breath (or two) and was off to the shop...  It was a necessity as my car was FULL of gridwall...
And, the necessity part?  With the car full of gridwall my 8 seater car could only hold 4... and I had carpool duty after camp.  

Off to the shop I went to unload the car.  It was all unloaded rather quickly and I had a whopping 50 minutes to help Austin with some flooring before picking up the kids.  So I rolled out plastic.  I rolled out white pouffy stuff and I moved wooden planks.  And I forgot the scissors again and had to get rescued by my good neighbor Tracie...  (THANKS TRACIE!) 

It seemed like no sooner did I get in the door that I started sweating like a faucet.  (yes, it is true there is STILL no power at the shop...) Kicking the work into high gear to get as much done as possible didn't help any and before I knew it it was time to take off to get the kids.  I got home, put the back seat back into my car and picked up the carpoolers.  (whew!) 

At this point it was a necessity to shower (again) because I had a production meeting to rush off to.  Quick (and wonderful) shower (sorry, no pics of that - didn't want to totally freak you out!) and then it was hurry up and...
WAIT.  Ugh.  Traffic was horrible.  Ok, it wasn't LA horrible, but this is Arizona and dag nabbit I didn't want to sit in traffic!  I gave myself an hour to drive 30 miles to my meeting.  I was almost 30 minutes late... and I didn't know the car could go so far at 5mph.  But I finally made it to...
YAY!  Where we had a nice production meeting and then meet the cast.  I also got to measure everyone - and miracle of miracles EVERYONE was actually there!  Crazy, huh?  This means I get to start pulling and building costumes for Little Shop... but honestly I'm more excited to make the leaves for Audrey II.  :)  

And now it's time to tuck the littles into bed and watch a little tv to unwind before starting another fun filled adventure of a day tomorrow!  And - best news of the day???  I got a call from the power company and they're going to turn on the power in the shop tomorrow!!!  My service window?  Well, it's totally reasonable.  They'll be there anytime between 8am and 5pm.  (eye roll)  But they'll be there!  Then we will have lights and can schedule the A/C guy to come fire up the cool for us.  

There it is.  That's my day. Happy Monday!! 



1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome!! and HOORAY FOR POWER!!!

    ReplyDelete