Thursday, July 19, 2012

"Mom, can you put this on your blog?"

It is now Thursday night.  It's also the season premier of Project Runway.  Our DVR has been set to record it and I haven't seen it yet.  I am afraid to look and see if it got recorded... because I really want to see it and, well, if I have to wait I might burst.  Ok, I won't burst but I might just shed a tear or two.

True to form, we've been working hard on the shop.  Moving is the PITS and I am so tired and sore.  Costumes are HEAVY and who knew I had all this stuff????  I mean, really, how many costumes can one person have?  Well, a whole heck of a lot!  I'll tell you THAT.   I am very grateful for good friends who've come to help me out this week.  There was one day that I literally just sat and stared at the pile (used lightly - more like a mountain) of costumes needing new homes.  Although I had a plan on how I wanted things, actually getting things there changes it a bit.  It has been... overwhelming.  But it's coming together nicely.  It's time for you to meet the helpers!

A big thank you goes out to Kyle C. Green, who not only came and helped me unload the car (aka death trap of hotness), but he also modeled this fancy feline hat.  In addition to helping tons (literally, he helped for hours!) He also brought a CD full of awesome family pictures.  I am SO excited about them - really, my family is very good looking.  So good looking I don't know how anyone stands it.  See for yourself!
I told you!  If you're looking for an amazing photographer, Kyle is the guy for the job!

Now, there was a point where I had set my phone down... and thus I see that it was taken over by small and strange children.... because this is what I found while loading pictures:


You can totally rent these huge cowboy boots.  Except they might be used for playing teddies... See the cat on the top left?  That's Donald.  His hands and feet have magnets in them.  He gets thrown at metal a lot...  because it's funny.  The cat on the right is Rolfy.  He is a super hero.  You already know Sponge Bob, and I have no idea what he's doing here but he was there.  The little monkey is named Monkey.  The littles play with these guys all day long.  They go on amazing adventures.  And, just so you have a heads up, the littles found nice little places to play teddies at the shop... in the middle of the round racks.  Hidden from view.  The very same place Luke liked to climb into in department stores and grab strangers ankles... yes. True story.  

And here's the twins, I have no idea what was going on but the teddies were there too, Rachel took the picture and since they're right by the display case and the register they were probably playing store.  They sure do love playing store in the store! :)  

I'll bet you're wondering who else helped???  
Meet Jimmy BoBo.  Rachel gave him that name after she let him know he had lots of hair in his armpits.  Really, we are super random people.  Jimmy not only took all the plastic off the lights (YAY!!) (and that was a super sucky job) he also came by the next day for more costume torture and unloaded my car full of costumes (aka the deathtrap of hotness).  Know what else?  He also hung up costumes and was able to actually put them where they went!  And figured out what cape went with what super hero.  Yup, that's serious talent.   

Ashley came to help (which, after the super hot painting adventure I'm shocked she'd ever come within 100 feet of the shop) and she used her super awesome Buzz wings to hang up and organize the Disney costumes!  Yay!  She also worked on Star Wars and some other random stuff in the pile.  :) See:
I found Ashely and Jimmy BoBo taking pictures in costumes.  Yes, they belong here.  I know. 

Who can't resist Super Girl and Spider Man with the really hairy armpit??? (this is where Jimmy BoBo went from just plain Jimmy to Jimmy BoBo.) 
And Ashely as Little Miss Muffett!  SO CUTE!!  She just needs a tuffet and some curds and wey.  Oh, and a spider... second thought - no to the spider.  

Austin spent HOURS after working his full time job getting the base boards and thresholds in.  I am VERY thankful for having a handy guy for a husband!  
Here's the view from the back of the shop at the end of the day yesterday.  Today it's MUCH fuller as Katelynn, Spencer, Rachel L. and I were dynamo's at bringing tons of costumes and junk to the shop. Oh, and yesterday the plumber FINALLY came to put in a new sink faucet.  The original one didn't work.  The bathroom was horribly filthy when we moved into the shop and I told myself I'd clean it after the sink was fixed as having running water was a must.  So I cleaned the bathroom last night.  Who knew it was so BRIGHT and white under all that grime??? No, I won't share a picture yet... because I have another story.  

This story is one that, had it happened to most people, you'd never know.  They'd never tell.  It's pretty embarrassing.  It may even pass up my previous most embarrassing story - yah, the one where I took a shower in the Mens shower at a KOA on accident?  Yup,  I did.  I really was wondering why the lady next to me had such manly, hairy feet.  I'm sure he was wondering why the man next to him had toe nail polish on...  I completely took a shower and didn't know I was in the mens shower until I walked out and saw the urinals.  Yes, it's true so stop laughing now.  Because this next one just might be better.    So, you see... this building was actually built several years ago and my unit had never been occupied before.  It just sat in the hot and the dry.  This is the preface of my story because anything else (like saying it's because I'm a fatty or something) is just too much.  We had been at the shop all day.  And I had to go.  Not leave, silly - I had to go potty.  And so I went into my nice clean potty and sat down.  And then I heard a crack, and another crack, and my potty seat was moving underneath me!!!  It totally broke into pieces under my rear.  NEVER had I ever, ever thought that would happen.  Ever.  But it did.  See?
This was taken after I flushed and fished out the smaller pieces from the bowl.  Yes, I did. I touched potty water and broke a toilet seat all in one day.  You're welcome, because I'm sure you're feeling much better about yourself now.  

And now, just 2 more things.  First of all we had that huge monsoon storm over last weekend.  And we've been so busy we didn't notice that it had blown my big swinging couch into the pool... 
Here's Ben trying to get it out.  Ok, mostly he was laughing because it was in the water and super funny.  FYI - it's still in the water.  The seat part is out, the frame and canopy still need rescue. 

And this.  This happened right when we got home tonight. 
Aaron said, "MOM! Come in the kitchen and take a picture of me with the kangaroo!"  And then he said, " Mom, can you put this on your blog?"  Really, how could I resist.  And I already told you we're random people.  

The moral of this blog is: when in a costume shop, try on costumes and have fun.  When going potty, beware of brittle potty seats, when home enjoy yourself and what goes on around you.  

Ok, now I'm gonna go watch PR because I'm DYING to see it.  















1 comment: