Thursday, August 23, 2012

Here's the latest!

Goodness!  I've been so busy I haven't had time to blog.  I have been better about taking pictures though!!  And I have been VERY busy.  Little Shop opens next weekend, which means next week is tech week.  For those of you who don't speak theatre, it means lots of long, long, long hours and lots of last minute work.  On top of it, Theatre Works is like ten thousand miles away.  Ok, it's not that far but it's a drive.  And, for those of you who haven't come by to see the shop - here's a little peek!
My BFF Claire painted that sign for my shop!  Awesome, huh???  YES!!  

And, in case you haven't driven by - we got a new sign.  Yes, it is the ugliest sign I've ever seen, too.  But it's visible and easy to read.  That's what I wanted, and that's what I picked.  :)  
See?  I told you it was ugly - and you didn't even believe me!  

Aside from signage and the usual siliness, I drove out to Theatre Works for fittings on Saturday. 
Here's Theatre Works.  
This is my little side kick that went with me for fittings.  

And here are some quick shots of some of the costumes!!  

Orin, the dentist is on the right in the red pants.

The Trio has matching bright outfits throughout the show. 

Here's Orin in his dental smock. Nice, huh?  Yah.  I like it too.  And yes, I made that. Thankyouverymuch.





To get the bright colors on the girls was pretty easy.  To get it on the boys was more of a challenge.  I took whatever khaki pants I could get in the appropriate sizes and I dyed them, and then painted them.  

Now I have several pairs of bright colored pants.  And a couple suits, too!  What?  You want to see more?  Well, buy your tickets and come see the show!!  

Aside from Little Shop,  I've been busy making Ariel the mermaid for Princess Amerah.  I started out having my girls make as many scales as they could.  And then I had them make some more!  Once they made the scales, I serged them and then started attaching them to the fin. 

I was especially happy to have my BFF here to help with this huge project!!!  
And a little snack of M&M's didn't hurt either...

 And then, finally we had this:
Isn't it pretty!  Yes!  Yes, it is.  And no, she won't be topless.  I bought a bra and covered it like the Ariel at Disneyland.  Then I added gems to it.  It's pretty, too but I don't have a picture of it. So you'll have to wait!  

And now my girls don't have to make scales any more.  Now they're back on leaf duty.  I'm pretty sure they're not so happy with their jobs right now... but someones got to make them!  And, well, since I'm the boss I chose to make the fun stuff.  (sorry girls... sad but true) 

That's all for now!  Come by and see the shop!  And don't forget to pick out your halloween costumes!!










No comments:

Post a Comment