Thursday, August 2, 2012

We're FINALLY ready for inspection (well... almost...)

It's true.  The city of Gilbert won't let me officially open for business until I'm inspected by the city and the fire dept.  Ok, they don't need to inspect ME - but the shop.  That's been a big giant huge stress as I have no idea what they're looking for.  I checked online and read up on the specifics of what they need to see and not see but seriously, who understands that legal gobblie guck?  After all, in section 5.6839%^&)(&^$ of paragraph %*&(&*^8904598 it says i might, just might be able to open the shop someday.

And I haven't blogged as often as before because, well, it's totally boring to say, "I put labels on stuff today!  yippee!"  because, quite honestly, I like you and would rather you not suffer through the blog of death.  So here, in a nutshell, are some of the highlights from the past few days...

The dressing rooms are IN!  Yippee yay!  And they're looking quite amazing!  I need to hang mirrors in them and one still needs a door, but I for sure can open with one dressing room!
 
Here's Austin putting the dressing rooms together.  They now have walls that separate the two rooms, and siding on the front.  They're SUPER cute!  Here's the stuff I picked for the walls.  It looks kinda dungeony, with the wood arch stuff in the back and these bricks on the sides.
But I like it and it looks kinda enchanted.  

Midst putting more and more crap away I got a little bored and decided to act like Lady Godiva for a bit. 
Here's how I looked before I took my clothes off and rode around the shop on a horse.  KIDDING!  Geesh people!  I don't have a HORSE in the shop! 

Today Ashley came to start transforming this amazing wig into Rapunzel's braid.  :)  It's looking super cute!  (and yes, I am way too lame to have remembered to take a picture of it.)

So, while the dressing rooms were going up and costumes and accessories were put away the littles were hard at work helping out.  
The did an AWESOME job putting price tags on things.
They vacuumed up all the staples and wood shavings, too!  And today the boys were actually arguing over who was going to get to vacuum today.  Such good kids! 

And this is what the shop looked like just before I left today.  I'm standing on a step stool to get a better view.  There's an ironing board out to the right of the circular rack that doesn't belong there - but we're ironing labels into the rentals so it will stay there for another day or so.  Other than that, there are some gridwall fixtures I need to find a home for and I need to move some of the scrap flooring and wood from one of the back doors.  And then I'm ready to rock and roll with inspections!  Or so I think.  They may come up with this whole long list of stuff I am in violation of.  Or maybe not! 






1 comment:

  1. I'd just like to say, yes, I just read your blog. Satisfied? ;P -Your FAVORITE first born daughter

    ReplyDelete