Friday, May 25, 2012

Good Morning Baltimore!

Who's ready for OPENING NIGHT? Hairspray opens TONIGHT at the Mesa Arts Center.  Here's some pictures from tech night.  Remember, it's a tech/dress rehearsal so some costumes, props, etc weren't completed at the time of the photos.  :)  (that's my disclaimer, so if you don't like something just tell yourself "well, that must be something that's not finished yet"  but you'll LOVE everything!   (sorry for the poor picture quality - small camera, far away, moving actors... if you want a better look-see, get off your booty and come see the show!)

Here's Tracy - waking up in the morning, singing to the whole neighborhood. Funny, Rachel has the same comforter on her bed!  Maybe I can get her to wake up and sing good morning mesa?  Hum...

Here's one of the "quick change" racks in the green room. 

Big, Blond and BEAUTIFUL! 


I'm pretty sure this is where Tracy tries to fly through the streets of Baltimore... 



Here's Corney Collins

The Nicest Kids in Town (which are kind of the meanest kids in town...)

Edna, Penny's mom and Tracy.  Penny's mom is played by the fantastic Becky Martinez!  Seriously steals the show so many times! 


Momma I'm a Big Girl Now - with the fantastic Shari Watts as Velma.  

L to R  back row - Penny's mom, Edna, Velma and front row- Penny, Tracy and Amber. 

Link and Tracy (Link now wears a different costume so he no longer looks like a game show host)





Miss Baltimore Crabs! 

Detention Kids

That's Seaweed dancing in the middle. Another fantastic dancer is Nathan Luis.  He's on the left in the orange shirt.  He's not dancing here, but his dancing alone and strong energy is enough to come see the show!


This is the Madison scene.  It's also where the battery died in the camera, leaving me with only my memories.  I tried to stick the USB cable into my head to download the visuals so you could all see, but it didn't work. Ok, I really didn't do that.  But you thought I did, right?!? 


So here's HAIRSPRAY!  Today, as my first "day off" in awhile I slept in (7:30 is sleeping in around here) and I'm still in my polka dot pajamas.  It feels SO good!  Now I'm going to switch the zippers on Belle's dresses to velcro, head on down to the MAC to do a few alterations, play with the littles, clean the house, start catching up on the laundry and then drive up to Desert Foothills Theatre to see Beauty and the Beast with the family.  Sounds like a nice, calm, relaxing stress free day off.  (insert laughter here).   

1 comment:

  1. WOW so cool!!! What a fun show to work on! you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete