Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Things are shaping up nicely!

Today was a good day.  A exhausting day, but we made good progress for sure!  I am super tired right now and really don't know where to start, as my memories of today are all goobered up together.  That's what happens when you're nutty crazy.  Time really goes out the window and everything is just happening.  Welcome to my world.  

Anyhow, as for progress, the Silly Girls dresses are done.  Tomorrow I will make the little blouses for underneath them.  (after all, we're doing FITTINGS tomorrow night.  :/)  Here are the last 2 dresses.
The red silly girl and the green silly girl.  I'm pretty sure these are the worst pictures ever taken, but hey - you get the gist, right?  


Also on the agenda today (aside from lots and lots of beading on Belle's yellow dress... and I didn't take pictures, but I'll show you soon!) was Cogsworth.  Kailie was awesome at jumping in and getting him going.  She measured foam board, she cut fabric, she matched up shapes and did an over all fantastic job!  Here's some pictures...
Pay no attention to the horrible mess around her.  It's in your imagination. Also, I was thinking this was kind of boring (top picture) as she's working on the inside.  So we put the door on top and she was holding a gear.  She really wasn't doing anything with it at that point, but it sure looks more interesting! :) 

Here's the gears on the clock.  They're not attached yet, but this is just about what they'll look like. 

And then tonight Rachel put some of the pieces together around herself.  Here's Rachel in Cogsworth.  Haa haa.  Again, the mess on the couch of misc costumes and fabric is really not there.  You sure do have a vivid imagination! 


After finishing the silly girls, I finished up Belle's skirt and started on her blouse for the opening scene.  Here's most of it on the mannequin.  True to this post, it's not a very good picture.  But again, you should get the gist of it. Also, the hoop that goes under her yellow dress is still on the mannequin... it won't be there with this dress in the show.  :) 
Now, you may be thinking "wow - that's a tiny waist" and it is.  This girl has a 26" waist.  There's room to take it out after the show if it needs to be bigger... (or if I want to fit in it!  You know, to be Grandma Belle...) 

I also got the sleeves on one of the Beast's coats.  I had Robin work on some beading around the rose in the fabric.  Here's the sleeve and the beading: 



So I picked this fabric out when I was gathering things to build the coats.  I didn't even notice that the fabric had roses on it.  Crazy ironic, huh?!?  So I cut out the cuff pieces and strategically placed the roses in the center.  Yah, I'm pretty happy with this. Now it all needs to be beaded.  If I could only bead in my sleep.  

Well that's all for now folks.  I'll check in soon with more!  




No comments:

Post a Comment