Monday, May 7, 2012

Progress is, well progress...

Whew!  Another crazy long weekend working on the show.  I say show because really I'm trying to get B&B finished and then move onto Hairspray.  We'll get moving on Hairspray super soon. Meanwhile, we're buried in B&B.

After 5 or 6 coats of gooey paper mache, I finally took the ball out of the newly formed Mrs. Potts.  Here I am forcing the air out of the balloon





Once the ball was out of the form, I glued some thick, yet bendable wire covered in bias tape around each of the openings to help it keep it's' shape.  Know what?  Hot glue is hot.  


Robin was hard at work sewing gems on the front of Belles dress. Then, of course, she tried it on.  Because here at the Enchanted Wardrobe we try everything on.  It's one of our charms. And it's fun...


And then I beaded some more.  And more.  And more... And I even took the coat to my dental appointment and beaded while I waited.  (and when I'm done with this and tuck the kids in I will be beading some more!)  It is super hard to see in these pictures, but it is looking SO amazingly beautiful!!




Today was spent with the Silly Girls.  They are looking pretty cute!  Here's their bodices before they were finished:
And here's the "Blue" silly girl (McKenna is going to wear this one... in case you're in the show and wondering which is your costume)

This is the "orange" silly girl.  It is also my favorite, which is kinda nuts because orange isn't even close to my favorite color!  (Mattaea is going to wear this one) 


Now it's time to tuck the kids in bed, eat some nachos, turn on the TV and bead the beast's coat.  Tomorrow we'll finish up the silly girls, Cogsworth, the Wardrobe and possibly start on some other fun things!  Good night!



1 comment: