Friday, May 18, 2012

The Show(s) Must Go On!

What a week!  I am so behind on blogging.  I have simply been too tired and too swamped.  Here's the skinny on what went on at the Wardrobe (and theatre)...

Here's what some of the cast looks like on stage, in costume ready for rehearsal.  But, before we got this far we had TONS of work to do.  There was a mix up in communication and, well, it left us with WAY more things to do than originally thought.  But we pulled it off, after long, long hours and lots of deep breaths.

And I couldn't have done it without my faithful costume team!  Everyone was busy all week, everyone worked longer hours than usual and I appreciate the team SO much!  Here's some pictures from the week:





And then there was tech nights... and I snapped a couple pictures with my phone just so you could kind of see what it all looks like. 


And we FINALLY finished Belle's pink dress... thought that would never happen!

Tonight was opening night.  I had family plans (Nephew is getting married tomorrow!) and didn't get to go.  But, I did faithfully facebook stalk all those associated with Beauty and the Beast and proudly stole their pictures.  Here's what I found:


Super cute, huh?  I'm not sure what's up with the beast on the left, he looks kinda crazy.  The prince on the right is the prince before he turns into a beast. The pretty girl in the middle is one of the narators.  And a Silly Girl. 

Now, you might be wondering what is going on with Hairspray?  Because mostly I've been talking about Beauty and the Beast. Well, don't be alarmed because in the midst of all the B&B stuff we've also been working on Hairspray.  For some reason or another my brain gets on one thing while writing the blog and forgets to switch to the other.  Hairspray opens next weekend and I am LOVING the costumes!  Here's the Dynamite dresses (but they don't look so good in this picture.  They're form fitting and super cute on the girls) 
Actually, there's 3 dresses there.  :)  The girls have bright floral dresses and lots of checks and plaids.  The boys aren't as fun as the girls, but they're looking fantastic, too!  Especially the ones I get to dress up like girls.  Ha!  I will post more pictures soon.  These past few days have been so busy I haven't taken many new ones.  :/   Onward and Upward! More pictures promised soon!!  








No comments:

Post a Comment