Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I Miss Routine

Soooo... I really love my life right now, but I really miss the routine we had going a couple weeks ago. With the littles home from school it's hard to accomplish all I need to do with work - without feeling like a horrible parent.  So, between filling cups with milk and making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I've been up to some new, and fun things.

The second week of sewing class ends tomorrow.  AND  I'm so super lame I keep forgetting to take pictures.  I have 8 kids in my class, and they are all so talented and creative!!  They've made skirts, pillows, pajama pants, back packs and tote bags. (not everyone, just some have made several things, others work on their own projects).  Today, after class my daughter and her friend were upstairs making things for their stuffed animals.  I was sewing in my work room and I heard Rachel ask her friend if she wanted to hand sew something.  The friend said, "do you do that with the sewing machine?"  Classic.

You may be wondering what I was working on!  Well, I'm going to tell you even if you weren't wondering.  I finished up the first outfit for Princess Amerah.  It looks like this:



The skirt is a full circle skirt with a full circle skirt attached petticoat.  The underskirt has the fancy gathered lace around the edges that sticks out.  Fancy lace picture here:
As you can see, it's longer in the back than in the front.  Princess Amerah received it today and is thrilled with her new look!  Which makes me happy because I like to make people happy.  

Between that, having family in town for the weekend (what an AWESOME weekend it was! ) and the crazy task of taking family pictures (don't worry, I"ll post those when I have them), my friend told me about her horrible experience with a dressmaker.  Her girls are in the Cinderella pageants and they have a huge pageant this week.  Well, she went to pick up the costumes she had custom made and they were all messed up.  Badly.   I offered to help her and was happy to do what I could to salvage the mess the other seamstress made.  I don't know the other lady, and I'm sure she is really good at whatever she does but wow.  I have NEVER seen such a disaster.  The linings didn't match up to the garment, things were uneven and just crazy.  So, I just want to say that if I've EVER messed anything up I did for anyone please let me know so I can make it right.  Because I will.  Once they were off to the pageant I got back on track with my own projects. Well, kind of....  

I received a call from a little boutique in Nauvoo, Illinois.  One we had shopped at a couple years back when we went to Nauvoo.  When we were there I left my business card for the owner of the shop.  Well, guess what?!?  She called me and asked me to make some sample pioneer dresses for her to sell in her shop.  I'm making 3, in 3 different sizes, colors and styles.  The first one is almost done.  I need to hurry up and get the next 2 done pronto and send them out.  I also need to work on the Princess's costumes AND I have 2 shows that need my attention.  Whew.  
This is one of the dresses, lots and lots of ruffles and lace.  Plus apron, bloomers and bonnet.  Um hum - serious cuteness!  I'll post pics of all 3 outfits before I send them out.  

AND... just when you thought I was all caught up with the skinny... tonight I was honored to attend my first production meeting for Little Shop of Horrors at Theatre Works. 

 Seriously a LONG drive, but everyone is SO super nice and I'm pretty excited to work on the show.  I also get to make the soft parts of the plant.  YAY!   Actually there are 4 Audrey II puppets to make.  :)  and a TON of cute, very bright outfits for the cast.  Oh, and a goth/punk dentist.  Yup, life is good.  Now, can someone PLEASE make the days a little longer???  


No comments:

Post a Comment