Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'd Like to Thank the Academy...

Last night I was honored with another MET award!  I won for best costume design for Hairspray.  Now, it was super weird because I was the only designer nominated... so I was up against myself.  How embarrassing it would have been had I not brought home an award!  But I did, and I am very thankful to Mesa Encore Theatre and the beautiful cast of Hairspray.  They really made my job easy because they all looked SO good!
In this picture you can totally tell I have ambliobia.  (or however it's spelt).  I look cross eyed.  :/  


All in all it was a super fun evening!  If you're wondering what the best part of the night was - and I KNOW you are!  It was, hands down, when my table (aka the rowdy table) did the wave when I won. Austin and I had a great time with the wild bunch!  Do you know what else?  My friend, Joe Navan also won a MET award for Hairspray!!! Of course he did - after making 68 wigs!  Geesh!  Here we are with our awards. 

Yay!  I am so happy to work with such talent!  (and, seriously, it was a super hot day and I started glistening... ugh.) Do you know what ELSE?  Joe was also the only hair/makeup designer nominated  - so he was up against himself too!  Such a fun night!

I'll bet you're wondering how sewing classes are going!  Well, they're AWESOME!  I have 3 kids from last week (honestly - but don't tell any of the others - they're my favorite sewing students ever! So awesome!!)  And I have 2 returns from previous summers,  and 3 new kids.  The class is full of such fun girls!  So far (and we're only half way done) they made a purse (super cute ones!!) and started skirts.  Tomorrow they're going to knock out some pajama pants.  My advanced girls are making skirts and a dress.  Here are some pictures from class:
She's thinking, "why is the crazy lady taking pictures of us again?!?"



See this kid in the pink?  It's her first time sewing and she can sew straighter lines than I've ever seen a beginner sew! 


Maybe, if you're super lucky and I remember, I'll add some pictures of their completed projects.  

And, just so you don't think I'm taking it too easy... I started working on Charlie Brown today.  SO CUTE!  I'm super excited to make this show.  One reason is because it's such a small cast - and the other becasue it's a cartoon coming to life.  Once CB is delivered, I get to work on the PLANT from Little Shop of Horrors!  (along with finishing Princess Amerah's wardrobe and several other smaller projects)  I will be making sample leaves this week, and will post pictures!  They're going to be AWESOME!!  

That's all for now.  Happy Sewing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment