Friday, June 22, 2012

Oh Peanuts!

I can hardly believe another week has flown by.  And what an eventful week!  Another week of sewing classes is over.  I have such talent in my classes!!!  I wish some of these girls could just stay here forever and sew with me.  They're so cute and fun and just amazing!  I had one girl design her own apron and make it without a pattern!
Yes, she was busy doing something and I went over to check on her and this busy little bee was cutting the fabric and putting the pieces together and made this super cute apron.  Talent?  I think YES!  Another amazing student started classes for the first time on Monday.  It was the very first time ever that she'd sewn.  Anything at all.  This kid is pure talent! She can sew straight lines like no beginner I've ever seen (and better than many not beginners I've ever seen!) This was her final project this week.  This is after 6 hours of sewing classes...
She was too shy for me to take a picture of her face, but isn't this the cutest pillow!  And look how it all lines up!  Seriously this kid has great sewing things in store for her!  

Aside from sewing classes, I got hard to work on catching up on Charlie Brown.  With the kids home from school it is SO difficult to get as much done as I need to accomplish.  But I'm making a valiant effort!  Here's some of the makings of the Peanuts gang:
I made Violet first.  Because purple is my favorite color.  You can't tell in the picture,  but there's purple lace around the bottom of the skirt.  And a bow on the waist sash.  It's kinda a blurry picture... Sorry.  

And here's Lucy.  Now there's black buttons on the ends of the 3 strips on the top.  The edges of the sleeves and the collar have black ric rak on them.  It's super cute.  I'll try and snap some pictures on the actors tomorrow.  Oh snap!  I forgot to take a picture of Sally!  Ugh.  Tomorrow.... and beware - cuteness overload!!  

Once the girls were done it was onto the boys.  Chuckles was pretty straight forward and easy.  I made a yellow t-shirt with a funky collar and added the black zig zag in felt. 
Here's the finished product!  He has black short shorts, too.  :)  Not too short, but Peanuts short.  
And then Schroder!  And I have no idea if that's how you spell that kids name.  Seriously, who ever would name their kid Schroder? Good grief.  No wonder he was a piano master mind.  He had to do something to take his mind off of his name.  Anyhow, there is NO stripped jersey fabric in the world like what I wanted for this shirt.  (and Linus) So I did what any self respecting designer would do and I made it. I took the green jersey and added blue stripes (because I'm using black stripes for Linus, I chose blue for Schroder so they're not matchy).  The stripes are gross grain ribbon and actually came out rather nice!  Here's the finished shirt:
All of the boys have the same black shorts.  Tomorrow I will finish Linus (which will forever be tainted with Benjamin Linus from LOST - that crazy man)  and Snoopy!  I will also make a night shirt for Chuckles.  I'll do my best to get some pictures with actual people in them so they look better.  

AND  big news.  SO  it's not an official announcement or anything but there's a possibility that we may be relocating the Wardrobe!  Yes, sir we may have found our store front space... more details to come!!!  With this news, please send all monetary donations as soon as possible.... kidding... sort of...  








1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO!!! yay for a storefront :-) And your work is fabulous as always! love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete