Saturday, June 30, 2012

New Address!!

It's official.  Enchanted Wardrobe is relocating to 833 N. Cooper Rd in Gilbert.  I am SO excited!  I can hardly wait to get moved in and reclaim my house.  I like to nest and decorate, etc making this adventure so much more fun!  However it is TOTALLY overwhelming.  And it's blazing hot here.  And the dumb city of Gilbert has all this dumb stuff that has to be done before turning on the freakin power.  For now I've been pirating power from the outdoor outlet and running fans, keeping the doors open and... roasting.  The kids have been troopers and super helpful!  They're really excited as well.  Rachel is telling everyone how cool it is.

Yes, it's cool.  And exciting.  And adventurous.  And SO MUCH WORK!  AHAHAHAHAH!!!  After changing the locks and cleaning up most of the debris in the unit we started painting.  Ok, not really painting.  Priming as the unit is brand new and EVERYTHING needs to be done.


Here's how it looked the first day we were there.  The things that belonged to the neighbor were returned and the floors were swept and shop-vac'd several times.  Rachel is such a good hard worker!  She's a trooper and loved sucking up the floor crap.  

Ben was supervising...  See the monkey in the chair?  That's Bobo.  She was such a good girl the whole time.  

After cleaning the floor we went on paint run to Home Depot.  Seriously I spent hours online trying to figure out what color paint would be best for the store.  I don't want this to be a tradational costume shop - all goofy and tacky.  I want it a little classy and stylish.  Of course we will have a selection of little costume toys (like fake poo... who doesn't want that?) but it will have to all be displayed with class. It was a really touch decision, but I finally choose some paint. 
In this picture there are 20 gallons of paint.  After sweeping, vacuuming and painting part of the wall I noticed this. 
A blister.  That kept growing the more I worked.  Seriously gross.  But I kept working. 

and so did my little troopers!  It took us about 4 hours to paint this whole wall (it's 55' deep).  The top edge still isn't done, but probalby 2/3rds of the space is primered, and part of one wall has actual paint on it.  The windows are SUPER huge and HOT in the afternoon sun.  I aim to get the wall around the windows done as soon as possible and get the curtains up so the pounding sun doesn't pound as much.  (that and get the freakin air conditioning turned on...) 
Mid working we stopped for our first shop pizza delivery and our first dinner at the new space. 
Even Bobo enjoyed dinner.  It was still super hot!  We worked until around 9:45pm (with help from flood lights and Super Austin who came to help out after working all day).  And when we got home everyone was getting ready for bed and such when I walked by and saw this...
Little Aaron was SO tuckered out he laid down on the giant bear and fell asleep.  Shoes and all.  This was one of the all time cutest things I've ever seen.  

I thought since everyone got to bed so late that we'd get a later start today but not so.  Everyone was up and rearing to get painting!  The littles are such troopers!  First we stopped at Jamba Juice for a breakfast treat.  Then we went into Walmart for a couple more supplies.  Now, this has nothing to do with the shop or costumes or anything but... well... simply had to share.  The lady in front of us in line was loading her things onto the conveyor belt and her little baby was just all crooked and... well... you can see.  
Covered with a huge snot gob.  Here's where it's relevant :  I could no longer drink my Jamba Juice as the thickness of the Jamba made me think of the snot gob on this poor little guys face.  In fact I think it will be a long time before I can drink another Jamba.  Shudder.  


So that's that.  I hope that we can get most, if not all of the set up done this week and be ready to start moving in by the weekend!  Maybe...  one things for sure I could sure work FASTER if the power and a/c were on...  









No comments:

Post a Comment