Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Little Shenanigans

Around here, you kinda get used to walking into strange things.  Yesterday I came downstairs and found these little crazies...  Um yah. These are my kids.  Then I found the dog, who was trying to be sneaky...
As if I couldn't tell it was really Casey.  :)  

Seriously though, we do have tons of fun around here.  And we do tons of work.  This means that the Hairspray laundry is all washed, mostly put away and I can see the living room floor again!  It also means that sewing classes started today.  It was my first day with a class of 6-8 yr old kids.  I usually don't start them until they're 8 and over.  It was... fun... and stressful... and I'm so glad class was only an hour today. The kids did great, they all said they had a lot of fun and I am looking forward to helping them finish their projects on Thursday.   Here's what the studio looks like now...

After class, the littles decided they wanted to keep sewing.  I've decided that the downside to teaching sewing is that the kids who live here want to keep sewing all day.  Now that's not bad, but they still need lots of help... which takes me away from actually getting things done at a reasonable time.  I am grateful that the kids are so creative and not afraid to make things.  Today, after the sewing class kids left, we made Angry Birds.  The kids did fantastic!  And they had SO much fun.  

These boys are Angry Bird CRAZY!  And SO happy with their new angry birds.  And I'm happy because we didn't spend $10 on a stinkin angry bird. :)

The kids were thrilled to design their own birds.  Tomorrow I promised to make the king pig and another couple birds.  

As for work, other than teaching, I was able to finish one of Princess Amerah's pieces for her new music video.  Tomorrow I'll finish the skirt and pants, but today I finally got this coat done. 
Julia (my dress from) is old and kinda crooked... and the collar is actually super HOT PINK, not red at all.  There's french cuffed sleeves and an inset in each sleeve.  Here's what it looked like making it. 
This is one sleeve, with the purple sparkle inset.  

Then I added the dark purple stripes for definition on each side of the inset. 

And here's the almost finished sleeve.  There are now buttons on the french cuffs.  
Here's the back of the jacket.
I think it needs a bow or flower or feather something-something at the small of the back... we'll see, I have to think about it.  Tomorrow I'll show you the pants and skirt.  Super cute!  And I have so much more to make for her!  I seriously went crazy at my super favorite fabric store, Creative Home Fabrics.  
Here's just part of the store.  It's HUGE and there's row after row of beautiful textiles.  It's my Disneyland.  Ok, maybe not as amazing as Disneyland but I still love shopping there.  

There's more fun Princess Amerah costumes being finished at the Wardrobe tomorrow - hopefully I'll remember to take lots of pictures and tell you all about it.  Rarely am I this excited to make things.  Mostly because usually I get to make 8 of the exact same thing and that's just... not so fun.  But this - this is SUPER fun.  And I wish the pictures of the coat were better because it's so vibrant in person.  And, most of all, I really hope Princess Amerah likes it, too!  

Ok, off to my evil vice of late night Farmville and TV watching.  Always multi tasking... 






1 comment:

  1. WOW, wow Rebecca!! It is so very vibrant, and colorful! You did an amazing job! Which one of my hats did you envision this one going with? If none, I would love to make a new one to match it! Either way, I love it!!

    Love,

    Princess Amerah

    ReplyDelete