Friday, June 1, 2012

Setting Things Straight

It seems as though my last post has caused some hurt feelings.  That was not my intention at all.  Just to set things straight, my decision to work with DFT and DST has to do with the following facts:

1. They asked first. Routinely, I start getting offers in January/February to consider costuming shows for the next season. I was offered several different jobs for the following year, from several theatres.  Other theaters did not offer positions.  I chose DFT and DST.  It took me a couple months before saying yes, as I waited for other offers so I could best plan my year.  Not stated in my previous post, I have also agreed to do 2 shows with TW.  Their offer came in after my post, and their shows fall into places where I am not currently full.

2. They made offers that are financially beneficial to my business.

3. They're doing shows that I am excited to costume - things I wanted to do.

4. The schedule of shows will give this coming year balance and stability, working with people I enjoy and respect.


It's not that I didn't enjoy working with anyone else in the past, and I have the highest respect for everyone I've worked with.  I greatly enjoy my job and the opportunity to work with different people, to learn and to grow.   I have no ill will towards anyone I have worked with in the past.  Please understand that my work decisions are business decisions, not personal attacks or dis's on anyone.  I love you all and I hope we are able to work together in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment